GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Learns the practical application of engineering principals, achieves awareness in Mechanical Engineering, and investigates new techniques as part of a team. Responsible for designing Mechanical components with or for more senior engineers.
• The position requires a self-motivated team player with strong experience in creating concept layouts and product design layouts on a CAD system based on engineering and/or manufacturing inputs.
• Pariticipate on crossfunctional design teams and be responsible for all design and drafting documentation. Direct the activities of other product designers and detailers working with him/her on a project.
• Developing work plans/schedules-Tracking/reporting progress
• Estimating cost/time requirements
• Create and manage product configuration structures
• Check the output of assigned drafing personnel to ensure completeness and accuracy
• Perform tolerance stack-ups
• Prepare electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and interconnect cable routing
• A.S. degree in a technical discipline
• 5 years industrial experience
• Strong conceptual layout and product design experience utilizing CAD systems.
• Experience with Pro-E
• Working knowledge of non-ferrous metals and composites and their use
• Experienced in dimensioning and tolerance analysis
• Experience with configuration of product structures
• Interpret and apply ANSI Y14.5 specifications and standards
• Paper to product experience with ability to read and apply GD&T
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• Five+ years experience in superconducting magnet and/or gradient coil design or other high tech industry such as aircraft, optics, satellite,.... with close coupling to a manufacturing team.
• Experience in directing the work of other personnel to successfully complete projects. Experience in project management; scheduling, manpower forecasting, etc.
• Knowledge of vacuum technologies as they relate to product designs
• Experience in pressure vessel design and regulatory agencies, such as ASME, TUV, and UL. Knowledge of the ISO 9000 standard
• Strong knowledge of machining and fabrication methods
• Strong working knowledge of material properties
• Working knowledge of cryogenic materials and their use.
• Leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of welding symbols and their application
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Capability to generate innovative concepts
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification.
Locations: United States ; South Carolina; Florence
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.