Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Product Design and Development
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Mechanical Drafter, you will be responsible for taking engineering input to create quality, on-time, world-class models & drawings for large scale power plant components.
As the Mechanical Drafter, you will:
• Create / maintain drawings, Bills of Materials, and CAD models / assemblies for large Power Generation Steam Turbine and/or Generator components
• Self-sufficient in the following to enable design completion:
- Retrieving design input information
- Executing design details per standard GE practice and documentation
- Issuing drawings, models, and Bill of Materials per documented GE processes
• Interface with drafting, engineering, and manufacturing to create high quality producible designs
• Help define / maintain and meet scheduled dates for design related activities, and provide early communication to alert management of issues
• Understand and follow GD&T principles and GE drawing standards
• Full knowledge of Bill of Material structures / principles
• Proficient in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system and change management methodology
• Technical Degree (Associates or Bachelors in Technology related field)
• Or, if no technical degree, 2 years minimum relevant working experience in design / drafting field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Demonstrated mechanical design aptitude
• Experience in mechanical design applications and manufacturing processes
• Working knowledge of Bill of Materials systems and drafting tools / standards
• Experience with Unigraphics NX or CATIA CAD systems
• Working knowledge of Power Generation Steam Turbine and/or Generator Equipment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Flexibility in handling a diverse and challenging workload
• Highly motivated & self-directing / self-starter
• Quality, customer satisfaction, schedule and cost mindset
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.