Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. F ind out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric is seeking an ambitious individual to assume the role of a Mechanical Engineer in Columbia, SC.
Applicant will be responsible for completing custom mechanical design of PZ4/QED6 Switchgear and/or QED2 Switchboards based on customer specifications and local, state, and federal codes governing the product. This includes the creation of (3D) parametric models needed for the development of bus, barriers, supports, sheet metal parts and assemblies. The successful applicant will also assist Application/Order Engineering with conceptual design layouts and bill of material creation. Qualifications:
- BSME degree
- Experience with Pro-E 3-D computer modeling software preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Ability to design and model parts and assemblies given basic conceptual information
- Ability to interact with engineering and manufacturing personnel
- Must be able to effectively utilize time to maintain order schedules
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of low voltage switchboard / switchgear design, installation, and use
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal codes governing the installation and use of low voltage switchboards / switchgear
- Ability to interpret basic front elevation, one-line, and schematic drawings
- Familiarity with UL 1558/891 and ANSI C37 preferred
A BSME is preferred, along with knowledge in the manufacture or design of electrical distribution equipment via Pro-Engineering software. Inter-personal skills are also essential in order to maintain the strong team atmosphere that currently exists within our group. Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled