GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Learns the practical application of engineering principals, achieves expertise in Mechanical Engineering, and investigates new techniques as part of a team. Responsible for designing Mechanical product/subsystem release solutions.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Designing new products and/or supporting Installed Base of mechanical components or subsystems.
2. Executes design to engineering standards
3. Works within a team to deliver technical solutions
4. Works with patient/customers and/or technical leadership to ensure that the technical deliverables are consistent with the goals of larger programs, projects or initiatives
5. Seeks mentoring to learn and solve problems
6. Leading design visualization efforts with 3D CAD models and essential component and assembly details to explore multiple design options
7. Developing engineering design concepts for components and electromechanical assemblies that have demanding requirements for size, precision, reliability and cost
8. Engaging in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
9. Identifying and developing new opportunities to leverage Strategic Sourcing objectives and Common Technology initiatives in the modality product line
10. Developing and maintaining XX subsystem quality and engineering project funnel
11. Conducting analysis of installed base and new product reliability using FMEA, Weibull Analysis and DFR
12. Defining and executing component design verification
13. Developing innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
14. Maintain and develop competence required for the job
1. BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience (defined as a High School Diploma/GED and 2 years relevant work experience)
2. Knowledge in structural engineering, analysis, and verification of mechanical structures, mechanisms, or olectro/opto-mechanical assemblies.
3. Understanding in theories, concepts and techniques in structural and/or dynamics analysis
4. Knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards related to structural analysis, finite element analysis, and structural verification testing.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1. Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering and 4 years relevant work experience
2. Demonstrated technical leadership capability in integration activities
3. Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
4. Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
5. Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
6. Effective oral and written communication skills
7. Global project experience
8. EMC compatible design/solution experience
9. Circuit design and simulation tool experience
10. Knowledge of UL/ETL/IEC standards and how they apply to designs
11. Green Belt/Black Belt Certified
12. Experience with Weibull Analysis and DFR tools
Locations: United States; Ohio; Cleveland
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.