Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzing, designing, and modifying elevator components and complete elevator systems
- Developing and implementing requirements to maintain product integrity, evaluate cost reduction opportunities, and integrate new designs
- Work closely with manufacturing operations, supply management, test engineering, contract logistics, finance, and field support to ensure designs are compatible with requirements from across the organization
- 0-2 years engineering design experience preferred
- Experience in structural analysis, FEA, hydraulics, acoustics and Pro Engineer/PTC Creo Parametric is desirable
- Must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and be able to collaborate effectively working on cross-functional teams
- BSME is required, Masters degree preferred
- Bachelor's degree with 0 to 2+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.