Microsoft empowers every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more through providing cloud based, cutting edge services to the world. The Azure Cloud Server Infrastructure Engineering (CSI-E) team develops the hardware that drives the cloud and is currently seeking a highly motivated mechanical hardware engineer to direct development of complex mechanical and thermal server and infrastructure designs.
As a member of this team, you will work directly with engineers across the company and across the world to develop server hardware solutions that meet the requirements for Microsoft cloud services platforms from concept to data center deployment at the lowest possible cost of ownership (TCO). The candidate will support both in-house and ODM/OEM designs at all levels from cards to full systems, contributing to investigations of new technologies and investigations of failing designs. The Mechanical Engineer will create and deliver mechanical designs, direct the effort with design partners, and support testing, prototyping and manufacturing of Microsoft’s future products.
Learn more about our team and projects here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ecosystem-momentum-positions-microsoft-s-project-olympus-as-de-facto-open-compute-standard/
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for design of mechanical assemblies centering around computer hardware and using CREO CAD software to relay these designs
• Responsible for directing the mechanical design efforts of partners and contract manufacturers.
• End-to-end Ownership of completed designs for components of a larger assembly
• Responsible for interfacing with multi-discipline teams in development of computer hardware
• Responsible for specifying and carrying out testing on mechanical components
• Presentation of information to other teams and management
• Working with high volume manufacturing to produce components at scale
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in the electronics design industry with a proven track record
• Proficient at PTC CREO Elements/Pro Engineer CAD software
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in structural design and analysis tools
• Experience in tolerance analysis and first article analysis
• Experience in sheet metal design, PCA mechanical design, plastic design
• Experience with prototyping and high volume manufacturing methods
• Experience working in a team and developing products with remote partners is a plus
• Working in Redmond is required
• Basic knowledge of heat transfer and finite element analysis.
*Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
*Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.