Mechanical Engineer III
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Develop product concepts and detailed designs, as directed; prototype generation and testing; conducts detailed studies to support design decisions; and maintains records of design process in accordance with sound design practice and ISO requirements, by performing the following duties directly or through subordinates when so directed .
• Analyzes product and equipment specifications to support decisions on initial design direction.
• Keeps abreast of the latest technology developments to ensure the company sees available opportunities for technical improvements in products and services and or cost reductions.
• Keeps abreast of the company's product offerings, within the area of involvement, to support decisions on initial design direction.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the company's manufacturing operations to understand the strengths and weaknesses of design concepts from the point of view of manufacturability within the company.
• Conducts feasiblility, cost, optimization, stress, fluids, and thermal analyses.
• Provides technical information concerning manufacturing and/or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect plant and product engineering planning.
• Confers with research personnel and other technical functions as required to clarify and resolve problems and develop designs.
• Maintains a working knowledge of general industry and specific agency approval requirements, to ensure compliance is maintained in designs.
• Prepares and directs others in the preparation of design layouts, detailed drawings, and specifications.
• Directs and coordinates prototype efforts.
• Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish and/or evaluate performance standards and limits for new or existing products.
• Plans, develops, conducts and oversees experimental test programs.
• Plans and holds meetings when appropriate.
• Prepares and presents reports and presentations as needed.
• Performs all elements of the job in accordance with established procedures.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline, with a minimum of 8 - 15 years relavent experience; Associate's degree in a technical discipline and 20+ years of related experience.