Develops product or system concepts and detailed designs, as directed; prototype generation and testing to international standards; conducts detailed studies to support design decisions; maintains records of design process in accordance with sound design practice and ISO requirements by performing duties directly or through subordinates when so directed. Job Responsibility
- Analyzes product and equipment specifications to support decisions on initial design direction.
- Keeps abreast of the latest technology developments to ensure the company sees available opportunities for technical improvements in products and services and or cost reductions.
- Keeps abreast of the company's product offerings, within the area of involvement, to support decisions on
- initial design direction.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the company's manufacturing operations to understand the strengths and weaknesses of design concepts from the point of view of manufacturability within the company.
- Conducts feasiblility, cost, optimization, stress, fluids, and thermal analyses.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing and/or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which effect plant and product engineering planning.
- Confers with research personnel and other technical functions as required to clarify and resolve problems and develop designs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of general industry and specific agency approval requirements, to ensure
- compliance is maintained in designs.
- Prepares and directs others in the preparation of design layouts, detailed drawings, and specifications.
- Directs and coordinates prototype efforts.
- Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish and/or evaluate performance standards and limits for new or existing products.
- Plans, develops, conducts and oversees experimental test programs.
- Plans and holds meetings when appropriate.
- Prepares and presents reports and presentations as needed.
- Performs all elements of the job in accordance with established procedures.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline, with a minimum of 15 years3-5 years of related experience; Associate's degree in a technical discipline and 20+ years of related experience.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.