What you will do
A segment of Johnson Controls, Tyco Fire Protection Products is a global leader in fire and life safety. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers in countries spanning six continents. With more than 30 manufacturing facilities worldwide, we provide safety and security for millions of customers around the world every day. Plus, we offer a comprehensive array of testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair services to keep fire and life-safety systems in top working order. We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer Intern to join our team Cranston, RI! Our Cranston location is a state of the art R&D facility responsible for new product design and introduction as well as maintenance of existing product lines. How you will do it:
- Coordinate prototype efforts
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish and/or evaluate performance standards and limits for new or existing products
- Confer with research personnel and other technical functions to clarify and resolve problems and develop designs
- Plan and hold meetings when appropriate
- Prepare and present reports and presentations as needed
- Interact and coordinate project activities with internal functions and external partners throughout the design process
- Perform all elements of the job in accordance with established
#internship What we look for Required Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Completed sophomore year working towards a BS or completed first year of an MS degree.
- Qualified majors: Mechanical, Aerospace, Fire Protection or Robotics Engineering
- Computer proficient; with experience in MS Office, MS Project, CAD, preferably experienced in Pro -E.
- Exposure to product design & testing, project management.
- Computer Proficient (MS Office, MS Project, CAD, preferably Pro-Engineer).
- Strong written & verbal communication skills to generate process instructions and reports.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and cross-functional teams with minimum guidance.
- Ability to follow a structured project management process including document meeting minutes, action items, and monitor progress.
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
Who we are
- Previous business internship/co-op experiences with strong business acumen beneficial (preferable not required)
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other intern/co-op opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.