What you will do
The Water Engineering organization in Cranston is offering a summer internship to qualified candidates. The primary responsibilities of the intern will be to support research, design, and testing for our projects. The individual will apply mechanical engineering fundamentals to address challenges involving fluid flows in the field of fire and life safety. How you will do it:
- Compile and analyze test data.
- Confer with research personnel and other technical functions as required to clarify and resolve problems.
- Prepare and present reports and presentations as needed.
- Interact and coordinate project activities with internal functions.
- Provide creative improvement contributions to the chosen programs.
- Develops and effectively communicates his/her ideas or improvements/variations on the ideas of others.
- Very adaptable and open to new concepts and procedures.
- Preliminary understanding of how to apply fluid mechanics theory to analyze complex products to support goal of optimizing current designs and design processes.
- Complete FEA and CFD analysis and share results with management team (ANSYS suite of tools)
#internship What we look for Required Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Pursuing a degree in engineering
- Currently a junior status
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
Who we are
- Good verbal and written communication
- Practical computer/network basic knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Organized & detailed oriented
- Hands-on contributor and team player
- Self-motivated and drives for results
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.