Applied Materials' CTO is hiring a Mechanical Design Engineer to be responsible for development of Roll to Roll (R2R) processing equipment for next generation product applications. The ideal candidates will have e xpertise in Unigraphics NX or Inventor 3D CAD software. This position requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in R2R equipment engineering. The incumbent will s olve complex problems; take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions, w ork independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations, and m ay lead functional teams or projects.
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of complex mechanical problems with limited to no supervision
- Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers
- Specify the development of, design, or modify engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of complex scope
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding wide range of complex mechanical issues for specific project
- Implements concepts for range of complex product issues and solutions
- May be responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle. Establishes standards across all operational processes. Serves as technical expert on specialized projects or programs
- Generate product specifications
- Define, coordinate, perform, and generate engineering test reports. Specify and review engineering documentation. Specify or perform engineering analysis of complex scope with limited to no supervision
- Experience in roll to roll processing equipment design and operation (vacuum and atmospheric)
- Experience with roll to roll printing equipment design and operation
- Experience with web handling of metal foils
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.