Principal Mechanical Engineer / Analyst
You will be supporting complex engineering intensive efforts with a proven track record of solving real world complex engineering intensive problem under a hard deadline. A strong analytical capability and a detailed knowledge of finite element analysis utilizing linear and nonlinear analysis are required.
Specific desired requirements include:
- Strong knowledge of electromagnetic and electrostatic analysis
- Detailed understanding of structural analysis (static and dynamic) to predict mechanical design issues and resolution of these issues
- Detailed understanding of thermal analysis and thermal stress analysis (conduction, convection and radiation)
- Strong knowledge of computational fluid dynamics
- Strong knowledge of vacuum systems and analysis (pump down time, conductance calculation and sizing, molecular flow)
Ph.D. M.E. (MSME with significant experience also acceptable). Minimum 5 years industry experience (Semiconductor experience a plus). Familiarity with the following technical software packages is desirable: Mathcad, Matlab, Maxwell, ANSYS Multiphysics, Fluent, Opera, Pro/Engineer, as well as Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Project. Requires proven ability to drive to the proper practical engineering solution that fits the business needs. Must have excellent presentation skills and be able to work individually or manage a small team. Will be interacting with a large number of individuals and must have strong interpersonal skills. Candidates should come prepared to share several successful projects during their interview and be able to discuss them with a variety of audiences. A presentation may also be required.Qualifications: Education
- Ph.D. M.E. (MSME with significant experience also acceptable).
- Minimum 5 years industry experience (Semiconductor experience a plus).
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.