Arconic Inc.'s Tennessee Operations is seeking an experienced and talented Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer for our Tennessee Operations facility. The incumbent will provide engineering support to maintenance and operations beyond helping to restore flow. The successful incumbent will also provide technical solutions to recurring design, process and application problems, analyze equipment and process data to identify opportunities and develop solutions and system improvements to address those opportunities. This person will also develop, manage and implement capital projects, major repairs and maintenance projects and provide some process engineering support.
•Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college/university
•Minimum of 3 years' experience with mechanical systems, to include hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, etc.
•Minimum of 3 years' experience with working knowledge of manufacturing processes and principles
•Minimum of 3 years' experience in product and process failure analysis
•Minimum of 1 year of AutoCAD or similar CAD software experience.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• Experience working on rolling mill equipment (Mills, rolls, mill drive components, shears, table rolls, coilers, etc...), Aluminum rolling preferred.
• Strong maintenance background. • Working knowledge of rolling mill actuators (CVC, HGC, Roll Bending, etc...)
• Experience in justifying, managing and installing capital projects.
• Experience designing, installing, troubleshooting and maintaining industrial hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Experience designing, fabricating and installing mechanical equipment.
• Working knowledge of mill coolant systems, coolant filtration and coolant application.
• Strong mechanical engineering skills.
• Understanding of world class manufacturing techniques such as lean manufacturing, JIT, SPC, TQM, etc.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills.
• Ability to work with cross functional teams.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.