Recognized as an expert within the company. Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements.Key Responsibilities
- Independently, develops and implements concepts for range of significantly complex product issues and engineering solutions
- Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects and spearhead research and development of new technologies, as appropriate
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of significantly complex engineering problems
- Specify or perform significantly complex engineering analysis
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding significantly complex engineering issues to address customers High Value Problems (HVP) for a range of products
- Generate product specifications. Define, coordinate, perform, and document engineering tests.
- Specify the development, design, or modify engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of significantly complex scope
- Specify and review engineering documentation and engineering processes
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.