Job Description: Basic Function
The Mechanical Engineer conducts ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, seismic, basic structural and other related design calculations on commercial and industrial HVAC products, primarily water and air-cooled chillers. The position supports product development, applications, product management, pressure vessel manufacturing and field/warranty issues. This position is located in York, PA. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide analysis support for ASME pressure vessel certification.
- Provide analysis support for seismic calculations (overturning, anchor bolt loading).
- Provide analysis support for Canadian Pressure Vessel Registration (CRN).
- Work with team to schedule and execute bi-yearly updates to ASME pressure vessel calculations.
- Provide root-cause analysis relating to warranty/service cases.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be adaptable, open to learning new skills and with training be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in the form of design reports and presentations. The ability and desire to work cooperatively with a team of engineers on fast paced projects is a requirement.
#nextchapter Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience. Experience in the field of pressure vessel design and/or in the HVAC industry is a plus.
- Good understanding of applicable pressure vessel design and test standards, particularly those of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to be flexible
- Drive to learn
- Only local candidates, or candidates driving distance away from York, PA, will be considered
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to travel internationally up to 10%
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.