Engineer I (Engineering Mechanics Engineer)Basic Function
Conducts ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, seismic, basic structural and other related design calculations on commercial and industrial HVAC products, primarily water and air-cooled chillers. The position supports product development, applications, product management, pressure vessel manufacturing and field/warranty issues.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide analysis support for ASME pressure vessel certification.
- Provide analysis support for seismic calculations (overturning, anchor bolt loading).
- Provide analysis support for Canadian Pressure Vessel Registration (CRN).
- Work with team to schedule and execute bi-yearly updates to ASME pressure vessel calculations.
- Adhere to the Company's Business Ethics Standards
#nextchapter Job Qualifications: Travel Requirements
Normally up to 10%. Some international travel may be required. Performance Objectives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be adaptable, open to learning new skills and with training be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in the form of design reports and presentations. The ability and desire to work cooperatively with a team of engineers on fast paced projects is a requirement. Requirements
The requirements/preferences listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field of study or equivalent experience.
- Studies or experience in the field of pressure vessel design and/or in the HVAC industry is a plus.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.