Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer U.S. LLC seeks a Mechanical Integrity and Reliability Engineer to work in Morrisville, NC, to support asset life cycle management processes. Will serve as subject matter expert in Industrial Reliability and Mechanical Integrity as well as provide support and expertise internally on the practical implementation of solutions.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Mechanical Integrity and Reliability Engineer, are to:
Who you are
- provide guidance to the definition on reliability strategies for various in-house projects;
- supporting the maintenance of the corporate engineering standards;
- creating, reviewing and approving maintenance and inspection plans for industrial assets upon request;
- providing technical input on companywide due diligence efforts and new construction projects;
- providing reliability and mechanical integrity expertise to the development and implementation of Asset Strategy Management processes within Bayer;
- support project managers on the application of design for reliability techniques along the project development,
- support industrial turnaround programs and processes,
- perform fitness for service assessments and assess regulatory compliance, and
- developing and championing regional and global best strategies, best practices, and initiatives in the ALCM discipline.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering;
- 10 years of experience in a related position;
- Industrial Reliability Program Coordination, Maintenance Planning & Scheduling, Turnaround Management, Equipment Inspection techniques, pumping design and maintenance, Defect Elimination tools, FMEA/RCM application;
- IT tools such as SAP PM module, Meridium, Microsoft Office Package, MS Project, Primavera, Turnaround planning supported by IT solutions like RoserConSys;
- participation or management of industrial projects of different complexities;
- predictive and preventative maintenance tools, strategies and implementation;
- technical responsibility for a facility; and (vi) Process and Plant Safety;
- willing and able to travel (domestically and internationally) to various unanticipated facility and other locations up to 50% of the time.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.