GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician will be a hands-on self-starter, supporting plant production process to meet all safety and operational goals. Perform day-to-day inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of plant equipment in a PSM governed plant.
• Lead by example in all GE initiatives including EHS, HR, Six Sigma, Quality, and computerized maintenance management.
• Complete maintenance tasks ranging from simple to very complex on mechanical, pneumatic, and vacuum systems in a 24 hour PSM facility.
• Read and interpret P&IDs, equipment manuals, procedures and other specifications to determine the repair method on failed components.
• Ability to perform precision maintenance in the installation and alignment of equipment following safe-work practices utilizing hand tools, specialized tools, equipment and fixtures.
• Follow established procedures to execute preventative and predictive maintenance as required.
• Correctly and accurately complete required paper work, correctly documenting all maintenance actions, parts and time.
• Ability to prioritize daily work load and maintenance requirements based on safety, equipment criticality, quality and production schedule requirements.
• Team focused, steps-in and willingly assist other crafts and operations department as required to ensure equipment is ready to meet productions schedules.
-High School Diploma or GED
-Ability and willingness to work 2nd/ 3rd shifts and/ or evening shifts on an 8 or 12 hour schedule, and weekends and overtime as needed
-5+ Years of hands-on maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
Add Eligibility Requirement:
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
-Associate's degree or Certificate from a two-year college in instrumentation technology or a related course of study.
-Strong knowledge of mechanics and the mechanical fit of components, assemblies & sub-assemblies as applied to the precision tolerance required for maintaining and / or restoring the production machines to OEM specifications
-Ability to use calipers, micrometers, amp meters and gauges while performing maintenance on plant equipment.
-Vacuum pump experience
-Takes initiative to meet target schedules, actively and continuously working to improve processes and procedures.
-History of working effectively with co-workers, leaders, and other employees.
Locations: United States; Alabama; Huntsville
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.