What You'll Do
The CORBU Product Operations Team is looking for a motivated and experienced individual to provide mechanical product engineering support for Next Gen & Sustaining products. This individual will be responsible for products manufacturability, cost and quality from NPI to EOL.
As a Mechanical Product Engineer, you will provide new product and on-going manufacturing support (including DFM/DFA) for a specific product or group of products from pre-concept commit through end of life. For new products, this individual will collaborate with Contract Manufacturers, Suppliers, GSM, Design Engineering (mechanical and hardware), & other manufacturing teams to achieve cost, quality & on time delivery / FCS. For sustaining products, this individual will focus on cost reduction and design related yield improvements.
High Level Responsibilities:
* Provide manufacturing support for New & Sustaining Product Engineering
* Design for Manufacturing (scale, cost, quality)
* Value engineering - Engage early with Component Engineering, GSM and Hardware engineering and influence on component selection, process efficiency, and design changes
* Collaborate on Tolerance, Statistical & Failure/Root Cause Analysis
* Drive tooling & capital assets required for scale, cost & quality
* BOM structuring and BOM risk Management.
* Design tools proficiency (ProE Creo, Agile PLM, Adobe Illustrator, DFMPro, aPriori)
* Assessing CM and supply chain technical capability gaps
* Creating, analyzing, and releasing product documentation
* Cost avoidance (pre-A0) and sustaining cost reduction
* Technical lifecycle management (defect reduction team participation, new component qualification, etc)
* Mfg. (Process) review
Who You'll Work With
You will be working very closely with HW Engineering, rest of Product Ops team, GSM, Mfg Ops and CM/EMS partners.
Who You Are
You need to have good analytical, decision making and strong communication skills to influence others. In addition, minimum requirements for this role are:
* BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent plus 5-10 years related experience
* Experience with both traditional and advanced cooling solutions. Manufacturing process & tooling knowledge.
* Experience with ProE Creo / Windchill, Adobe Illustrator, DFM Pro and other manufacturing tools used in the job
* Good understanding of sheet metal, die casting, extrusions, 3D printing and plastic fabrication process and technology.
* Understanding of the entire product development process (PLM).
* Ability to work with, influence & collaborate with cross functional team.
* Experience working on a switch/server/rack product is a plus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication. Good interpersonal skills.
Familiarity with new product introduction processes/tools (prototype development, validation and release) and PLM (product lifecycle management)
• Negotiation and vendor management
• Agile Methodology - Ability to understand, translate and execute Agile Methodology (Scrum/Sprint) principles into the Mechanical Engineering environment.
• CAD (Windchill) - Proficient in CAD, to make minor edits and manage Windchill check-in/check-out. Ability to make minor design changes post-FCS. Recommends protocols for governance and use of Project Link (Windchill), providing early engagement collaboration in a cloud-based environment with Engineering and CM partners
• Design for "X" - Cost Automation: Capable of conducting 3D Model-based cost analysis and driving cost-based value and design decision discussions. Manufacturing Automation: Leads adoption of automated DFM using integrated software; leveraging current tools DFM Pro. Manufacturing Variability: Ability to understand and apply statistical analysis processes and tools (e.g. process variation, CpK, Cp, FMEA, etc.) to drive design tradeoff and decisions.
• MCAD - 3D Modeling - Capable of conducting MCAD analysis, leveraging new tools (3D modeling, Combined Engineering-Supply Chain Development Environment) of Mechanical and PCBA interfaces. These include automated Dfx analyses (eg. with applications to design for cost, manufacturability and variation/tolerance) and influence/drive implementation.
• Model-Based Definition - Adopts and drives Model Based Definition (e.g. Zero Wait State environment) and supporting Digital Manufacturing capabilities (eg. Design for Cost aPriori, Design for Mfg DfM Pro) and cross-functional business models and responsibilities/governance.
• Software Development - Understanding of SW components & Systems architecture for sourcing and alignment to BOM (eg. IoT, Security, Visualization, SW/HW system & delivery models, and Technologies focus).
• Sharing Environments & Analytical Tools - Leverages & advocates protocols for governance and use for sharing environments (JIVE, BOX, Tableau, Smartsheet, SPARK and other cloud-based solutions) to foster communication & collaboration. Ability to leverage tools (eg. Smartsheet, Tableau, Pega, SCP, RCE and PCAM) to develop real-time views, analyze cost, spend, ramp, risk and communicate/develop conclusions and recommendations based on data.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.