Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description SUMMARY
Repairs and maintains machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings and does work on plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems. Responds to work orders in a timely manner and produce quality results. Installs newly acquired equipment. Maintains accurate records and performs other related duties as required. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies manuals, blueprints, sketches and building plans.
- Build partitions, repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing piping and fixtures and opens clogged drains.
- Inspects and repairs valves of various types.
- Checks heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment to ensure proper worker order; repairs malfunctions as needed.
- Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls.
- Works with contractors to complete repairs as needed.
- Orders equipment and parts.
- Read meters and gauges or other recording devices to verify operating conditions and records the readings on approved forms.
- Performs inspections on assigned equipment.
- Maintains work areas in clean, orderly condition.
- Complies with all OSHA, Client and Aramark Safety Standards.
- Completes required logs, records, and reports for each job assignment.
- Interacts with staff, contractors, patients and visitors.
- Maintaining teamwork is essential.
- Supervises other personnel in the performance of their tasks, and ensures that all assigned tasks are performed satisfactorily.
- Must be able to learn and understand relatively complex principles and techniques and to work with no supervision.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Makes repairs, replaces or repairs components as required.
- Gathers, examines and evaluates data.
- Assists outside contractors or vendors as needed.
- Diagnoses and replaces faulty electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Functional knowledge of the use of welding devices, pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machines.
- Repairs electric motors.
- Handles other essential tasks as assigned.
- Applies shop math to solve practical problems.
- Interprets manuals, blueprints, diagrams, written instructions, schedules, or technical bulletins. Communicates in writing and orally in English with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Uses various measuring and testing devices.
- Use a large variety or hand and power tools safely.
- Works indoors, outdoors, on roofs and in elevated areas Interacts with other ENH staff, contractors, patients and visitors in a professional manner at all times.
- Wears an approved uniform and safety shoes, safety goggles, and other personal protective equipment as needed to safely complete the assigned tasks.
- Must have general knowledge base in several trades: plumbing, electrical, carpentry and mechanical engineering.
- May remove and replace sections of structures prior to and after installation of insulating materials. Position requires the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner and produce quality work.
- May specialize in HVAC, carpentry, plumbing or electrical systems.
- May be required to hold license issued by state or municipality.
- May be required to hold license issued by state or municipality, restricting equipment operated to specified types and sizes.
- May be required to hold electrician's license.
- Maintains compliance with Aramark's standards of operation, client contract and within Aramark's Business Conduct Policy.
- Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with Aramark/HSS, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
- Position requires a high school education or general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of 7+ years prior experience and Associate's degree or equivalent from 2-year college or Trade School in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Plumber and/or Carpenter.
- Ability to read journals, manuals, etc; to read safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of shop tools and equipment, and methods and procedures in mechanical drawings and layout work.
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client and support staff.
- Ability to write using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, patients/residents and the general public.
- Numerical aptitude required.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.