Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Mechanical / Industrial Engineering Co-op, are to:
Who you are
- Work within our Engineering teams on various Radiology projects;
- Works under supervision to conduct and document identified technical activities;
- Needs to be able to work independently;
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic technical problems, determine next steps, and communicate path forward to the responsible engineer;
- Conduct preliminary tests, analyze results, communicate observations and conclusions (written and verbal), and make next step recommendations.
- Applied Mechanical and similar Engineering skills;
- Attention to detail, goal seeker, and demonstrated [strong] work ethic
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools especially MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint;
- Follows training guidelines;
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere and have the ability to communicate ideas and needs.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Must be available for the January - May, Co-Op session .
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university, pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Plastics Technology Engineering;
- Must be entering into your sophomore year, junior or senior year;
- Eligible candidates will be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program at the time of their application, or within six (6) months of submitting their application;
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical skills through coursework and/or extracurricular activities;
- Ability to generate and/or execute test methods and protocols Strong customer focus of internal and external customers;
- Good written and oral communication as well as strong presentation skills;
- Independently demonstrate the ability to create ideas and solutions to mechanical test setups and problems, including the selection of components, sensors, etc.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.