Mechanical Systems Architect -CS17- Austin, Tx
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16001099
*Engineering Technologist Principal Engineer - Austin*
Dell is looking to add a Senior Level Mechanical Architect to work on future generation PC systems. This person will have a high level of analysis and design skills. You will be a lead technical resource in all areas of product design such as thermal, structural, manufacturability, serviceability and reliability. You must be well versed in the core mechanical engineering design and analytical skills in order to affect system-level decisions and represent the team at cross-functional reviews.
* Architect and influence future DT and AIO products by providing mechanical engineering insight/expertise into the product roadmap.
* Breadth of products includes OptiPlex, Alienware and XPS Towers and AIOs
* Collaborate with cross functional design and marketing teams to identify new technologies and develop proof of concepts to ensure readiness for implementation.
* Incubate, Develop, Prototype and Evangelize next generation mechanical concepts/designs that meet marketing and customer requirements.
* Engage/collaborate with ODM partners and technology partners to solve problems and create solutions.
* Take responsibility for gathering and understanding marketing and customer requirements.
* Generate IP to protect innovation.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* 10 years of work experience in design and analysis of electronics packaging.
* Must possess strong communication skills (written and oral) with other company team members and the customer as required.
* Must have extensive experience with 3D CAD systems (CREO experience required) and structural and thermal analysis techniques for small to large electronics packaging systems (Flotherm and Ansys experience a plus).
* Must have excellent working knowledge of mechanical engineering and design principles with specific expertise in the areas of design for/large-scale/production, sheet metal and injection molding, electrical interconnect systems, heat extraction and vibration control.
* Must possess working knowledge of mass-production manufacturing processes and material costs
* Must be a self-driven individual that has the ability to work independently, regular reporting of progress and status. Only general guidance is needed on routine work; instructions on new assignments as needed.
Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
/With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success./
*/Why work with us?/*
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages*
"LIAM1" "DCAM1" "MOAM1" "CBAM1"
**Job:** **Engineering - Engineering Technologist*
**Title:** *Mechanical Systems Architect -CS17- Austin, Tx*
**Requisition ID:** *16001099*