Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Mechanical System Architect - Austin
Dell is looking to add a Senior Level Mechanical Architect to work on future generation PC systems. This person will have a high level of analysis and design skills. You will be a lead technical resource in all areas of product design such as thermal, structural, manufacturability, serviceability and reliability. You must be well versed in the core mechanical engineering design and analytical skills in order to affect system-level decisions and represent the team at cross-functional reviews. Role Responsibilities:
- Architect and influence future DT and AIO products by providing mechanical engineering insight/expertise into the product roadmap.
- Breadth of products includes OptiPlex, Alienware and XPS Towers and AIOs
- Collaborate with cross functional design and marketing teams to identify new technologies and develop proof of concepts to ensure readiness for implementation.
- Incubate, Develop, Prototype and Evangelize next generation mechanical concepts/designs that meet marketing and customer requirements.
- Engage/collaborate with ODM partners and technology partners to solve problems and create solutions.
- Take responsibility for gathering and understanding marketing and customer requirements.
- Generate IP to protect innovati
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years of work experience in design and analysis of electronics packaging.
- Must possess strong communication skills (written and oral) with other company team members and the customer as required.
- Must have extensive experience with 3D CAD systems (CREO experience required) and structural and thermal analysis techniques for small to large electronics packaging systems (Flotherm and Ansys experience a plus).
- Must have excellent working knowledge of mechanical engineering and design principles with specific expertise in the areas of design for large-scale production, sheet metal and injection molding, electrical interconnect systems, heat extraction and vibration control.
- Must possess working knowledge of mass-production manufacturing processes and material costs
- Must be a self-driven individual that has the ability to work independently, regular reporting of progress and status. Only general guidance is needed on routine work; instructions on new assignments as needed.
Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Job Family: Engineering Research
Job ID: R92306