Spine, Inc a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is
recruiting for a Mechanical Testing and Analysis Engineer 2 in Raynham,
Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and
comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes
Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services
and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports
medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating
one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving
health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop
innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in
greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Individual contributes with oversight to the mechanical
testing aspects of verification and validation of spinal implants and instrumentation.
This includes understanding the effects of manufacturing changes on
performance, applying applicable industry standards, analyzing results and
ensuring results are communicated to the teams. Assignment length for the
Mechanical Testing and Analysis Engineer role to last approximately 24 to 36
Testing and Analysis Engineer 2 position will be responsible with oversight for
the mechanical testing aspects of a project, assisting the technical team with
planning, executing, documenting and communicating. Testing activities
- Contribute to test planning and design risk assessments (DFMEA)
- Plan, direct, and conduct laboratory and field
testing of products
- Author test protocols & reports to meet
industry (ASTM) & company standards
- Document lab activities utilizing good
documentation practices (GDP)
- Analysis of data using statistical tools and Six
Sigma Design Tools (Gauge R&R, DOE)
- Assess the effect of design &/or manufacturing
changes on performance of devices
- Solve technical problems related to fixturing, test
methodology, unexpected failures and challenging test setups
- May design fixturing utilizing CAD tools
- Clearly and professionally communicate test findings,
technical challenges, and proposed resolutions to teams and senior R&T
- Others duties as requested
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical
Engineering, or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of medical test engineering or equivalent is
- Competence in static and cyclic testing, data acquisition, and
general test engineering methodologies is required. Experience with medical devices is
- The ability to generate, review and critically assess testing and
other forms of design history file
documentation is preferred.
- Software and Hardware:
- Knowledge of mechanical test systems (MTS & Instron) & accompanying software (Bluehills,
Partners, WaveMatrix) is required.
- CAD skills in Unigraphics or Pro-E preferred.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
project etc) is required.
- Proficiency in Mini-Tab is preferred.
- This position will be located in Raynham, MA and will require up to
10% of travel.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)Requisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.