Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Location: Kansas City, KansasMechanicJob DescriptionJob Title:
Maintenance Leader and/or Shift LeaderSupervises:
Not ApplicableFLSA Status:
The mechanic performs the role of preserving and optimizing plant assets in order to provide the capacity to meet the needs of manufacturing by performing the role of mechanical troubleshooting specialist in reacting to equipment failures as well as recognizing problems/failures before they occur and actively works with equipment operators to minimize the impact of failures. They will utilize the skills and tools of the maintenance specialist, stationary engineer, machinist, maintenance support, etc. They perform the role of mechanical analyst in reviewing equipment failure history and predictive maintenance information to optimize equipment performance. They perform sandblasting and other maintenance support duties as outlined as common skills. They perform the role of training specialist for Apprentices, Maintenance Partners, and other fellow Mechanics. This includes, but is not limited to, development and execution of training plans, maintaining training records, and determination of certification status to those team members assigned to him/her. Performs the roles of data manager interacting with computerized plant systems ensuring that data input is accurate and up to date for assigned equipment.. This includes, but is not limited to, utilizing the computerized maintenance systems to procure parts and input/receive relevant information on equipment, budgets, work methods, tasks lists, etc. Performs the role of production operations team member for the purpose of performing preventative maintenance, debugging, troubleshooting, and testing equipment. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Adheres to rules and regulations, both internal and external, relative to environmental stewardship as well as responding to environmental emergencies in a safe and timely manner.
- Installs, fabricates, repairs and maintains any equipment and machinery.
- Utilizes diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's specifications, engineering drawings, verbal field instructions, or other related document needed to perform assigned tasks.
- Performs any carpentry and plumbing tasks. Works with power and hand tools common to the trades.
- Installs and makes repairs on locks door closers and related hardware.
- Insulates pipes, ducts, furnaces, tanks, ovens, walls, ceiling and installations.
- Erects and works from rigging, scaffolding and ladders.
- Maintains, diagnoses malfunctions and repairs auto equipment and other related internal combustion powered machines.
- Performs any type of electric arc and acetylene welding and cutting. Assignments using generally accepted welding and cutting procedures (including, but not limited to, soldering, brazing, inert gas welding, etc.).
- Leads, assists, trains and performs the duties of the Mechanic apprentices under the direction and authority of the Maintenance Leader or Shift Leader.
- Inspects wells. Takes well water samples as necessary.
- Assembles or rebuilds equipment or equipments parts.
- Performs the duties of the Sheet Metal Worker classification as assigned.
- Operates machine shop equipment as assigned.
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must work well in team environment
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must be able to secure and maintain fork lift drivers license
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Operate a computer
- To learn the SAP system for parts requests
The employee should have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Possess valid forklift driver certification
- 4 or more years related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
This position requires:
- Exposure to temperature extremes
- Exposure to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable
- Prolonged sitting or standing for 8 hour shifts (and/or rotating shifts)
- Bending or twisting
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts
- Wearing respirator protection
- Participates in the Safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the Plant
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.