Vehicle Mechatronics Engineer Job Description
The ideal candidate is someone who gets excited building things, is highly analytical, and sees the big picture needed to evolve a concept into a product. The candidate is a hybrid of a mechanical engineer, software engineer, electrical engineer and possesses a strong understanding of controls and robotics. Responsibilities
- Interact with teams of engineers working in other disciplines and on other subsystems.
- Convert requirements and specifications from engineers and technicians into detailed design requirements while keeping in mind cost minimization and timing urgency.
- Perform design validation with the engineers/technicians.
- Create drawings and specifications.
- Support minor assemblies and design customization as necessary.
- Work with vendors and engineering team to design and analyze mechanical and electronic systems and equipment to meet all safety and regulatory requirements.
- We are seeking a strong learner who can quickly ramp up and get a firm grasp of compliance regulations.
Inside this Business Group
- B.S in Mechanical, Software, Electrical, Mechatronics, Manufacturing Engineering field or related technical design field
- Minimum 3-5 years exp. in mechanical design and drafting
- Tooling and/or equipment design experience
- Automotive, Aerospace, or robotics industry experience preferred
- Strong 3D CAD experience, Solidworks or Pro-E a plus
- FEA analysis experience
- Experience with firmware and Programmable Logic Controller's
- Experience developing client/server architectures, and interfacing with database systems
- Machine shop and fabrication experience
- GD&T and DFM experience
- Strong communication, organization, and documentation skills
- Proven ability to research information, solve challenging problems, and coordinate projects under tight timing constraints
- Excellent fundamental engineering knowledge and have examples of applied engineering success through work, projects, or academic endeavors
- Familiarity with working with various outside suppliers and managing deliverables
- Ability to work autonomously to manage projects and maintain communication with interested parties
- Mechanical aptitude, fabrication skills, machining, hand tools, and general electronics.
Automated Driving Group : Zero accidents. Mobility for all. Intel is collaborating with the world's leaders in automotive design and technology to turn visionary concepts for automated driving into reality. The Automated Driving Group (ADG) is architecting transportation for a better life and a safer world. We accelerate innovation and adoption of smart, connected, transformative, market leading automated driving solutions by delivering high performance SOC's, modules, software and reference designs. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.