The Post- Surgical Unit at St marks hospital is looking for energetic, experienced nurses to join their team. With excellent teamwork, patient focus, and an employee driven culture, the Surgical Unit is a great place for your career development. Apply with us and join our team today!
St. Mark's Hospital provides a full array of services to the surrounding community, including the following service lines: cardiac, nicu, orthopedics, behavioral health, skilled nursing, acute rehab, as well as many others. St. Mark's is the oldest running hospital in Utah with rich traditions and a reputation for excellent patient care and quality outcomes. St. Mark's Hospital is nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains and only a stones's throw away from many national parks, including Moab, Zion, Canyonlands, etc.
The Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom