Position Information: Full Time Nights (rotating weekends) Hospital Information:
Owned by Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Coliseum Medical Centers is a 310 bed facility offering a 24-hour emergency room, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, rehabilitation programs, behavioral health and diagnostic services. In addition, CMC breadth of care options includes specialty facilities such as the Coliseum Heart Institute, an advanced cardiac center offering all services from non-invasive cardiology to open heart surgery, Coliseum Rehabilitation Center, Coliseum Robotics Institute, Coliseum Cancer Institute, Coliseum Center for Pelvic Health, Coliseum Diabetes Management Center, the Family Ties Birthing Center, which includes a level III neonatal nursery, Coliseum Pulmonary Center, and the Coliseum Center for Behavioral Health provides treatment to adults with psychiatric and addiction issues. The services provided include inpatient and outpatient programs, as well as, a specialty program for senior adults. For more information about Coliseum Medical Centers' services visit www.coliseumhealthsystem.com.
As a member of the Coliseum team, you'll enjoy a competitive base pay, full benefits and limitless growth potential as you'll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital corporations in the country.
And whether you're a family, single or an empty-nester nearing retirement, Macon really offers something for everyone. With an exciting musical heritage , picturesque architecture, and a rich historical past, the best sights and activities in Macon, GA are the city itself. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team to deliver quality care in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CMC. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance per policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing required
- BSN preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Georgia RN License required
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
- Oncology, Chemotherapy Experience preferred
- Read and write basic English
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
This is a 29 bed MedSurg/Ortho unit specializing in the delivery of acute care of the adult patient. The primary patient population is orthopedics, but includes a variety of general medical/surgical diagnosis. The unit also cares for non-cardiovascular medical patients requiring nursing observation and monitoring. Remote telemetry is provided as ordered.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom