The Media & Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for assisting in the creative of the overall media strategy as well as the development and oversight of the USCC $130MM+ media spend. This role will assist with the development of media strategies and plans for various product lines as well as IMC partnerships. This role will regularly meet with teams across the marketing organization to collaborate on projects requiring paid media support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills to deliver media plans across all channels (online and offline also including SEM) which are designed to breakthrough & resonate with today’s consumer in an increasing complex and cluttered media environment.
- Bring critical planning and messaging insights into the media planning process and distill consumer, competitive & industry insights to assist in the development & implementation of media efforts
- Assists in the development and tracking of digital KPIs to measure effectiveness of paid media digital marketing efforts
- Lead efforts to drive profitable new customer acquisition and increase the long-term effectiveness of the U.S. Cellular®’s digital acquisition strategies across a variety of online platforms, including display, video & SEM
- Ensures digital campaigns are strategized, planned and executed from a holistic perspective – ie, measurement tagging, reporting and analytics, digital ecosystem and digital architecture requirements, messaging, branding, creative and content, backend technical and database considerations
- Partner with internal analytics resources to ensure the integrity and management of the prospective customer database and analytics of campaigns
- Drive cross-function and cross-agency partnership to implement new digital enablements (tools, databases, tags, workflows) to continue enhancing digital acquisition programs with a direct response focus.
- Oversees certain SEM campaigns with agency partners, including planning, bid management, ad copy, keywords expansion, implementation, monitoring, landing pages testing and on-going optimization as needed
- Creates processes, reports and works with internal and agency team to improve acquisition metrics such as CTR, CPC, CPA and conversion rates
- Ensure media plans are executed with excellence, including but not limited to: implementing and troubleshooting errors, responding to Sr. Management requests for information and verifying that all media plans follow guiding principles & best practices
- Keep in close contact with the media marketplace; Identify and evaluate media opportunities for business needs/opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with key partners to accomplish assigned tasks given by direct and/or indirect leadership
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications or related discipline
- 5+ years of working in paid media in both online (strong SEM experience) and offline roles either at an agency or in-house media group, experience in a brand side marketing group is preferred
- Experience in digital media including programmatic, SEM & acquisition
- Understanding of direct response techniques such as segmentation, targeting and database technologies testing, analytical assessment & cost per acquisition in a highly competitive industry
- Self-starter with an extreme ability to multitask and make quick decisive decisions both short and long term impact to the business.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, channel strategy, marketing metrics, search, digital tech stack & digital analytical tools (CoreMetrics/WebTrends)
- Advanced organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong rapport across cross-functional teams
- Business knowledge of the wireless industry is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook
- Experience executing digital marketing strategies and overseeing campaigns from development / execution / campaign analysis
A little about us:
Collectively, we are proud and passionate about providing the world's best customer experience. This vision aligns with our mission—that we are earnest about achieving superior results.