The role of Media Experience Designer is to create the overall look and feel of a wide range of interactive media assets for learning. Using text, data, illustrations, graphics, sound, animation and other digital and visual effects, Media Experience Designers will support the media creation for all mobile and social learning projects, including interactive learning games
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Use industry-standard graphics and multimedia software packages to design and develop multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animation, video, sound and/or content for social, mobile and game-based learning courses.
- Ensures consistency, accuracy and compliance with required standards; conducts cross-platform testing with supported devices.
- Creates illustrations.
- Works with Learning team to review and recommend design options, functionality, and programming needs.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position Reports to Manager, Learning.
Number of Direct Reports: 0
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Relevant work experience or expertise in a learning-related field.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Experience in the conceptualization, design, and production of animation, graphics, and mobile-optimized materials; experience in a non-linear video and audio editing/production environment.
- Ability to create illustrations.
- Advanced video streaming and animation techniques.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, After Effects, Acrobat Professional).
- Knowledge of video editing software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, etc.) and ability to edit video and post-production a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work independently and make creative decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated team player with strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!