McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Are you ready to apply your media expertise to a dynamic Fortune 200 company? Are you looking for a place where you can be curious, drive change, and grow your career in ways you never imagined? If so, we want to talk to you.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented media professional to join Capital One Brand Media Department as a Media Manager, serving as an internal subject matter expert responsible for media strategy, planning and activation of media investment for Brand and assigned Lines of Businesses (LOBs). The ideal candidate will have experience planning, analyzing and optimizing across a variety of media including traditional and emerging platforms. You will be responsible for ensuring that media plans align with the overall marketing strategy and deliver on Brand objectives. Role also includes management of external Agency partners.
What you will be responsible for…
- Collaborate with Brand Strategy, Advertising, Sponsorships, Social and Marketing & Analysis teams to develop integrated marketing campaigns
- Develop media plans that drive innovation and impact by incorporating new channels and using traditional channels in unique ways
- Evaluate research, develop points of view and craft media strategies and tactics to address business objectives
- Support Brand and LOB (line of business) media plan execution and maintenance; manage media authorizations, flowcharts, and plan actualizations
- Manage media campaign budgets, including monthly reconciliation and reporting
- Collaborate with other media team members to ensure integration across channels and campaigns
- Develop solid understanding of financial services competitive category, stay current with media trends and identify opportunity areas
- Develop strong agency partner and media vendor relationships
- Influence business partners on media approach via succinct, data driven presentations
- Track, benchmark and report on key performance indicators
- Foster an environment of motivation, inspiration, curiosity and passion for the work we do
What you will bring to the role…
- Experience in Credit Card, Bank or other Financial Services industry
- Proven communication and influence skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects based on business critical needs
- Previous management of large multi-media budgets
- Experience writing media briefs and working with marketing strategy and agency partners
- General understanding of media principles, planning and buying functions, and media software and research tools (MRI, Simmons, Scarborough, Nielsen, comScore)
- Management of integrated media programs (national and local) including television, radio, print, out-of-home and digital
- Strong digital media experience including desktop, mobile, social, video and SEM, including understanding of ad serving, tagging, and reporting requirements
- Established partner relationships, especially in the digital space, with companies such as Facebook, Google and Yahoo!
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience within an advertising agency or corporate environment in a media planning/buying role
- At least 5 years of experience managing national and local integrated media programs and budgets
- At least 1 year of experience managing mass media programs for Fortune 500 brands
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.