Reporting to the VP of Corporate Communications West Coast Region, this position will develop and execute communications strategies for the San Diego region. Serving as a trusted advisor, aligned with Corporate Communications’ strategic priorities including proactive storytelling and reputation management.
Responsible for working with local media markets and developing and pitching stories that drive thought leadership and awareness across key external & internal audiences; including social. This highly visible position is located in San Diego, CA and does not offer relocation. :
- Write and edit a variety of communications including media releases, talking points, speeches, scripts and stories
- Develop and execute social media strategies and tactics for the regions, including posting on social media channels
- Support internal communications priorities including creating and posting stories to each region’s internal website, updating and maintaining region facts sheets and other regional information, working on the development and production of executive videos and e-newsletters, and posting executive advocacy events to the Corporate Communications intranet site
- Support various business initiatives such as annual community campaigns, key sponsorships, special events and executive town hall meetings, as well as create talking points for executives or event champions
- Track and measure results to ensure they are in line with intended outcomes and business objectives; this includes developing metrics and regional dashboards
- Serve as a trusted advisor and manage reactive reputational issues
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with business and trade media
- 4+ years of communications experience
- Bilingual speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in Spanish/English
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience working in a communications discipline (public relations, media relations or corporate communications)
- Experience prepping and counseling senior executives for high profile/high stakes media interviews
- Experience developing integrated communications strategies and plans that align with business objectives
- Experience working with business media and diverse/ethnic media, specifically Spanish-language or African-American media
- Experience developing compelling content and leveraging multiple channels for creative storytelling
- Experience building strong relationships and working collaborating across large organizations
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
CA-San Diego: 1350 Fashion Valley Rd - San Diego, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
A little about us:
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.