The Media Specialist serves as an internal media expert supporting Walgreen Co. Marketing. They are responsible for assisting with the strategic media planning, buying, and optimization analysis of all integrated media campaigns. This includes all national and local television, radio, magazine, outdoor, online video, digital, mobile, social, programmatic and paid search activity across GM, USH, and Puerto Rico markets.
The Specialist will support the Media Managers as well as Marketing teams. This position will liaise with external agency partner(s) to shape and ensure media plans meet the marketing objectives and are executed and measured optimally. The Media Specialist will guide timelines, campaign and channel deliveries, as well as monitor campaign performance. This role will be responsible for ensuring all media plans are executed with excellence in market. The Specialist will support reconciliation of all media billing activities in a timely manner. They will assess key competitor spends and activity on an on-going basis. Look for the Specialist to stay abreast of media marketplace trends and identify and socialize best in class media partner opportunities that serve Walgreens marketing objectives. Job Responsibilities
- Support Walgreens Marketing in shaping and delivering best in class, 360 media campaigns
- Liaise with external agency partner(s) to ensure media plans meet marketing objectives and are executed, optimized, and measured optimally
- Guide timelines, campaign and channel deliveries across all media campaign activities.
- Ensure media plans are executed with excellence. Troubleshoot where needed.
- A ssess key competitor spends and activity on an on-going basis. Identify insight for application.
- Support reconciliation of all media billing activity in a timely manner, partnering closely with internal finance teams and with the agency.
- Identify and champion key industry media trends, customer behavior trends and media planning/buying best practices for Walgreens.
- Stay abreast of media marketplace. Identify best in class media partner opportunities that serve Walgreen's Marketing objectives.
- Work cross-functionally with key partners to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Role will be located in both Deerfield and downtown Chicago.
- Travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of marketing or advertising experience.
- Knowledge of the methods, principles, and practices of marketing, advertising, and/or publishing.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field such as marketing, communications, or business administration.
- Master's Degree or MBA.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).