Acerta Pharma is a leader in the field of covalent binding technology and is applying this technology to create novel, highly selective therapies for cancer. In February 2016, AstraZeneca acquired a majority share of Acerta Pharma via a USD $4 billion investment and is a committed partner to the development of these innovative drug candidates.
Acalabrutinib is Acerta's lead program which was developed based on our discovery efforts. It is an investigational covalent Bruton tyrosine kinase (BTK) inhibitor currently under investigation in multiple Phase 3 clinical trials. The clinical program includes over 20 trials in hematologic malignancies and solid tumors. Over 1,800 patients have participated in these trials to date.
Responsible for providing tactical and strategic support directly to the Medical Affairs Leaders in all aspects of execution of integrated Medical Affairs plans. Person in role will be expected to input into significant, important decisions and projects, typically on a multi-country, regional or local level.
* Acts as a primary support to the Global Medical Affairs Leader and their respective project team(s) to execute on iMAP strategy components, including but not limited to:
* Operational plan activities
* Medical education for physicians
* Key opinion leader / external expert engagement
* Customer engagement
* Medical communications and publications
* Medical Evidence planning and data generation
* Specialized training deployed in concert with the Medical Academy
* Medical Excellence
* Resource management
* Project Management
* Contributes to establishing and implementing standards and processes to streamline GMA-Oncology operations
* Ensures work and work of others is in compliance with internal and external standards and regulations
* Responsible for specialized research or delivery of internal reports for use in team meetings
* Reinforces lines of communication between the MAL / SMAL and other key stakeholders (i.e. country affiliates, GPT members, GMAT members, etc.)
* Bachelor's Degree in a science field
* Thorough knowledge or experience within the pharmaceutical industry and Medical Affairs function
* Direct work experience or training in Oncology
* Advanced scientific degree
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca