Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Field-Based Medical Director, Hospital Anti-Infectives is a therapeutic and disease expert in, Infectious Diseases who develops on-going professional relationships with healthcare practitioners to help achieve positive health outcomes for patients. The incumbent provides accurate information about Merck products, clinical science, and quality management in a balanced and credible manner consistent with the regulatory environment and Merck's ethical standards. The Field-Based Medical Director serves as a resource for the USMA management team on strategic planning and provides mentoring for other team members.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Develop professional relationships and communicate with national and regional thought leaders to ensure access to medical and scientific information on Merck products and areas of therapeutic interest.
- Conduct peer to peer scientific discussions and maintain a reliable presence with those thought leaders to ensure they have a medical contact within Merck.
- When needed, serve as a resource for the identification of potential investigators for consideration for participating in phase II-IV clinical development programs.
- Provide areas of interest and general information regarding the Merck Investigator Study Program process.
- Serve as a role model for other field medical team members, including on-boarding and/or therapeutic training partner.
- Attend scientific and medical meetings and support development of post-meeting deliverables.
Territory covers: Northern Texas and Oklahoma
The ideal residence would be in the territory (Dallas, Fort Worth, Oklahoma) Qualifications:
- Required: MD, PharmD, or PhD
- Minimum of (3) years' experience and proven therapeutic competence in the disease area
- Clinical (patient care) or deep research experience in assigned therapeutic area(s) beyond that obtained in the terminal degree program
- Capable of conducting doctoral level discussions with key customers
- Strong customer focus
- Business and market knowledge, including quality management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and networking skills
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Travel 40-60%
- Field-Based Medical experience
- Clinical Research experience
- Demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement