Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Medical Affairs Quality Director (MAQD) is an expert in the quality area, who develops and maintains on-going professional relationships across the leading national Quality organizations (e.g., National Quality Forum (NQF), National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA), and other related key stakeholders (e.g. PhRMA and the National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC)).
Through a deep understanding of the current dynamics of the healthcare environment, the MAQD serves as the primary point lead representing Merck, linking the main quality efforts across the health care delivery system. He/she serves as a resource for the US Medical Affairs management team on quality and the potential impact to Merck.
The MAQD engages with external quality stakeholders in a balanced and credible manner consistent with the regulatory environment and Merck's ethical standards. Qualifications:
- Required: Advanced healthcare/science doctoral degree (e.g., MD, PharmD, PhD) or Master's level with clinical background
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a Quality role working with National Quality Stakeholder Organizations
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Quality decision maker in the payer or integrated delivery system space.
- Thorough knowledge of quality and measurement, quality management, US health care delivery system structure and functions, population health management, care coordination/case management, value-based payment and health care delivery policy and trends.
- Strong track record of effective cross-functional team collaboration and execution.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to network, strong personal integrity, collaborative mindset, and a strong customer focus are necessary.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment, and have demonstrated project leadership abilities.
- Engagement and recognized capabilities with National Quality Stakeholder Organizations
- Knowledge and execution with use of Quality Improvement Initiatives and processes, including use and application of quality metrics
- Recognized national Certification (e.g. CPHQ) will be required once in position.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement