The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The Medical Assistant is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Provide overall support for Physicians and office operations.
• Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
• Takes patient histories and vital signs.
• Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
• Gives injections and assists with lab testing and Phlebotomy.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
• Assists physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
• Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
• Screens telephone calls for referral to physician.
• Graduation from a Medical Assisting training program is highly preferred.
• One (1) year of experience in a physician practice or clinic setting is preferred.
• Certified Medical Assistant is preferred.
• CPR certification preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom