As a Medical Authorization and Insurance Verification Specialist, you will support the National Call Center by assisting with new patient referrals and admissions. Obtain medical authorizations from physicians and verify patient benefits.
As a Medical Authorization and Insurance Verification Specialist you will…
* Maintain insurance authorizations for current patients receiving high dollar medications
* Re-verify insurance coverage for changes in medication orders.
* Research and follow up on authorization denials.
* Work closely with branch staff to collect additional information on Physician Orders.
* Scan and upload documents from insurance providers into electronic records system and notify appropriate departments.
* Submit changes to patient prescriptions in the system and obtain authorization for payment.
This is a full-time, permanent, benefited position and is NOT through an agency. Typical work hours for this role are Monday – Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm plus one 10:30-am - 7:00pm shift per week.
Challenge your healthcare training or current customer services skills to make a difference in a patient’s life by life by maintaining up to date insurance information and authorizations for current patients ensuring coverage for ongoing treatments. Individuals who can balance compassion and kindness with professionalism and customer service will thrive in this position. Become part of the CVS Health family by joining a growing sector of the healthcare industry, offering a rewarding career and opportunity for advancement.
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a Fortune 7 company and national leader in the home infusion and enteral fields. This is uniquely rewarding opportunity putting your skills and experiences to work supporting an innovative specialty pharmacy operation.
Learn more about us: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoramHealthcare or https://www.youtube.com/user/CVSPharmacyVideos
A little about us: