HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company
in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine
. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call
will be required.
The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Contributes to the company by accurately billing all diagnosis and procedures from the medical record with proper ICD-9 and CPT-4 codes. The Biller is responsible for record maintenance daily charges, and preparing and submitting claims to third party payers. Other duties include: applying contractual adjustments, other adjustments, credit balance review, and audits to include refund requests as needed.DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Assigns diagnosis and procedure codes for each case utilizing currently accepted structures while adhering to guidelines for correct assignment of codes.
- Submits insurance and patient bills.
- Transmits claims electronically or mails out paper claims within 48-72 hours
- Maintains charge entry on a daily basis.
- Applies contractual adjustments and other adjustments for managed care contracted patients.
- Monitors logs to make sure claims are submitted and received properly.
- Corrects rejected claims and re-bills in a timely manner.
- Follows-up with insurance companies to ensure receipt of bills within 28 days.
- Generates patient statements as required and makes financial arrangements with patients
- Posts refunds to accounts once a check is generated and ready for mailing.
- Ensures computer profiles and charges are set up, and enters concise and accurate notes in the "comments" section of the patient account in a timely manner.
- Informs the Business Office Director/Manager of all problems in a timely manner.
- Performs quality audits on admitting paperwork.
- Verifies that all supplies are correctly captured and billed.
- Ensures that all scheduled or performed cases are accounted for and billed.
- Documents all phone calls in the computer.
- Maintains daily communication with purchasing manager and A/P to ensure all supplies are captured and billed appropriately.
- Organization - Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
- Communication - Communicates clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Analytical Skills - Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and act upon information.
- Customer Orientation - Establishes long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently exceeding expectations.
- Decision Making - Identifies issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participates as a member of the Center's team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Policies & Procedures - Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- PC Skills - Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX - Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
- Technical Skills -
- General knowledge of ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS coding and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of third party billing practices, insurance companies, contracts and co-pays.
- Knowledge of and skill in using automated billing systems.
- Minimum of one to two years experience in a physician/medical office, ambulatory surgery center, or hospital business office environment in billing required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as per facility standard.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom