At HCA, It's You, It's Me, It's All of Us®
NO on-call, NO nights, and NO weekends.
Medical Collections, AR, Accounts Receivable Specialist
HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine and is a top employer in healthcare. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States Designed exclusively for outpatient surgery, our centers offer state-of-the-art facilities that use the most modern surgical equipment available today. We operate Monday-Friday during daytime hours removing the requirement of being on-call, working nights, or on the weekend. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search additional members for our team!
We value you and your future. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k that grows incrementally over time from a 3%-9% company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). As a result of our size, members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Processes claims electronically to insurance carriers. Mails claims to carriers when required; works all billing vendor edits; responsible for posting correct late charges to accounts. Communicates any charge related issues to the Business Office Manager.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Works all identified insurance requirement edits through AdvantX.
• Reviews the insurance contract profiles in AdvantX to ensure the system is making appropriate adjustments based on the procedure and type of reimbursement.
• Works with electronic billing vendor to resolve any e-billing issues, denied claims, etc.
• Generates and processes all insurance claims.
• Responds to billing questions received from patients.
• Researches required information and maintains pending follow-up on a daily/weekly basis.
• Communicates daily information needed for billing.
• Transmits all claims to be sent directly to the insurance carriers daily.
• Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy.
• Attends all required billing education classes.
• Other duties as assigned.
BEHAVIORAL SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS:
• Supports and adheres to all company and Center policies and procedures.
• Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements.
• Supports and adheres to personnel policies and programs which specify privileges and responsibilities of employment, including compliance with an adverse incident reporting system, quality improvement program, patient safety initiatives, and risk management program.
• Displays willingness to speak up about safety issues or change practices to enhance safety; asks for help when needed; enhances teamwork; follows the safety literature/policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Organization - Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
• Communication - Communicates clearly, concisely and professionally.
• Analytical Skills - Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and appropriately act upon information.
• Customer Orientation - Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
• Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Contributing to Team Success - Actively participates as a member of the Center's team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Policies & Procedures - Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
• PC Skills - Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX - Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
• Technical Skills -Proficient in the utilization of appropriate office equipment, including word processing and computer systems to include Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• At least one year billing experience required.
• BLS may be required as per facility standard.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
This job requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. It also requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, computer, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing/eyesight/voice projection to record, prepare, and communicate appropriately. Requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may involve dealing with angry or upset people and may be stressful at times.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom