Duties (included but not limited to):
- Work insurance pools and contact insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner
- Review EOB's, remits and payer correspondence in the course of performing account follow-up and escalate any identified issues to the appropriate area for review and response to expedite claim resolution.
- Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate
- Maintain compliance with pool completion requirements
- Maintain required productivity and QA standards
- Document in the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account
- Work with patients and guarantors resolve payer requests and discrepancies to promptly resolve pending claims.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement" and all policies and procedures related to the Collections department.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least one year of collections in hospital or medical setting experience required
- Basic Knowledge of UB, EOB, and remit advise
- Good phone skills (clear Voice)
- Multi task skills
- Good time management skills
- experience working in a production environment (fast paced)
- Working knowledge Windows based software(Excel, PPT, outlook, word)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom