DePuy Synthes, part of the Global Orthopeadics Group within Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices, is recruiting for a Medical Device Animal Care and Use Planner located in Cincinnati, OH.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Medical Device (MD) Animal Care and Use Planner in the Preclinical Center of Excellence (COE) Operations group will provide planning support to the MD Animal Care and Use Council and chair the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) for the COE’s vivarium. This individual will be knowledgeable of Animal welfare and care regulations and IACUC requirements. This individual will work with franchise project leaders and cross functional staff to prioritize site audits and ensure compliance to Johnson & Johnson Corporate polices and oversee internal animal protocol adhere to USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) regulations.
The Medical Device Animal Care and Use Planner will coordinate activities for the MD Animal Care and Use Council including:
· Provide support for monthly Council meetings, including scheduling, developing agendas and presentations, capturing meeting minutes and distributing materials
· Manage the Council mailbox by responding to requests for information
· Develop and disseminate communications on the policy, including updates to SharePoint site
· Develop processes and tools for identification and tracking sites and auditing requirements to ensure compliance to policy
· Maintain policy training presentation, related communications and training assignments
· Maintain a list of stakeholders to receive communications and training assignments
· Maintain inventory list of external animal use sites, including responding to requests for a list of accepted sites and developing communication plan to J&J employees to ensure accuracy of site inventory list
· Support annual animal usage tracking through Laboratory Animal Technicians (LATS) including validating the submission of data and conducting outreach and follow-up to ensure submissions across the sector
· Manage the assessment schedule (onsite and desktop) and support communications from the Council to external animal use sites and/or J&J employees from the mailbox
· Maintain standard operating procedures and accompanying forms created to support the implementation of the policy on behalf of the sector
· Develop presentations, as requested, on the status of the policy implementation
· Collect and manage documentation created and collected in support of the policy
· Serve as IACUC Chair for vivarium and lead IACUC review meetings for internal study protocols
· Work directly with IACUC members to develop IACUC policies and procedures and own IACUC related work instructions
· Oversee animal protocol submission process and communication to IACUC Members, Study Directors and other COE personnel.
· Oversee the maintenance of documentation pertaining to the IACUC Committee and its functions to ensure compliance with USDA, AAALAC (Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care), facility specific and J&J requirements
· Recommend process improvements across the COE based on feedback provided by USDA, AAALAC and internal audits
· Serve as system administrator for electronic IACUC management solution