At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Medical Director for the Infection Prevention Division (IPD) located in Maplewood, MN. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Medical Director
will be a key member of the division leadership team, which defines the overall business strategy and direction of the organization. This position will lead the execution of the overall clinical vision and provide clinical direction to the Infection Prevention Division. The position provides medical oversight, expertise and leadership to ensure the delivery of quality Infection Prevention solutions to our customers. Responsibilities also include the strategy, development and implementation of innovative clinical programs that include collaboration with strategic business partners. For additional information, please visit:
include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and implement the clinical direction for the 3M IPD organization.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and develop clinical opportunities with executive team to achieve affordable outcomes
- Active engagement in business development opportunities to include presenting IPD business and clinical capabilities
- Provide clinical guidance, support and education to the organization
- Participate in senior management business and clinical strategy development and implementation
- Build and leverage cross functional collaborative relationships to achieve shared divisional goals
- Promote collaboration to both internal and external healthcare team members.
- Direct clinical research and design/develop clinical studies/trials - from a clinical, business and health economic standpoint
- Analyze, publish and disseminate these clinical results at national/international level conferences
- Represent the physician perspective inside the company
- Be a conduit for Thought Leader and Key Opinion Leader (KOL) and KOL identification and engagement as well as play a key role in relationship development and management, including, but not limited to advisory board development, professional services, training/education, etc.
- Involved at New Product Introduction (NPI) reviews to help identify and validate unmet clinical needs, serve as resource. Provide product development insights to teams and communicate customer requirements. Communicate with advisory panels and provide outreach to customers
- Responsible for addressing post-marketing issues (e.g. complaints)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) from an accredited university
- Active/unrestricted/unencumbered license to practice medicine in any state
- Minimum of five (5) years of Clinical Operations experience that includes study design and execution
- Minimum of three (3) years Medical Industry experience
- Industry Expertise
- Clinical expert with established professional relationships/active medical industry engagement and demonstrated success building relationships/influencing key stakeholders (e.g. advisory boards, standards organizations and government bodies) within infection prevention
- Exceptional Business Acumen
- Strong business acumen and ability to define clinical priorities and translate into compelling business and commercialization strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence strategies across medical/scientific affairs, scientific marketing, market access, clinical research, and product commercialization.
- Team oriented with the confidence, maturity and integrity to work effectively with others
- Self-directed, confident with the ability to take initiative
- Proven ability to build and maintain stakeholder and customer relationships
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across the organization and with partners within a complex technical multifunctional environment
- Ability to successfully communicate to all levels of the organization, to include ability to influence
- Demonstrates a high level of strategic thinking and business acumen balanced with clinical judgment
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to apply business/clinical/scientific judgment in making decisions
- Creatively and effectively challenges the status quo when developing solutions
- Demonstrate effective negotiation skills and the foresight to address the business implications of decisions
- Demonstrated ability to sell ideas and to influence broadly across various stakeholders
- Results and Action Oriented
- Driven to excel and capable of inspiring others
- Ability to prioritize work activities to ensure that critical priorities are those with the highest impact on key business goals
May include up to 35% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.