Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focusedon serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions.We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across coretherapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, LysosomalStorage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine andHereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging,innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a sharedmission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds ofmillions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-needconditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to thefullest.
Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone. Asubsidiary of Shire, BioLife is an industry leader in operating high qualityplasmapheresis centers throughout the United States. At BioLife PlasmaServices, we excel at caring. Caring for the quality of our lifesavingservices, caring for the donors who help make it happen, and caring for thecommunities we call home.
BioLife's part-time employment opportunities are amongthe best, offering competitive pay, immediate benefits, paid time off, on thejob training, advancement potential, a work schedule which allows you tobalance your work and personal life AND an environment full of fast-paced funall while working to save lives.
We are currently looking to fill part time, afternoonshift positions with hours ranging from 10:00am - 10:00pm Monday - Saturday.This position will typically work 30 hours/week.
Responsible for all Medical History job skills in orderto screen new and repeat donors for eligibility to donate. May also performentry-level Phlebotomy floor skills as assigned and trained to complete.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Comply with federal, state, local and company-specificregulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety and to theproper performance of day-to-day activities.
• Committed to meet customer service expectations,greeting donors as they enter and exit the building.
• Answer phones within reasonable timeframe.
• Maintain orderly filing system, purging records asneeded.
• Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, andtemperature measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
• Perform fingerstick, test sample, and record otherdonor measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
• Enter donor information into the Donor InformationSystem (DIS).
• Prepare and assemble new and repeat donor charts
• Assemble collection containers for plasma donation.
• Coordinate donors to donor floor and compensate donorsusing the Debit Card system.
• Maintain complete and accurate records, in accordancewith cGMP.
• Stock supplies, break down empty cartons and assistwith proper disposal.
• Install, prime, and disconnect disposable sets on theplasmapheresis machines.
• Operate, maintain, and perform trouble-shooting ofplasmapheresis machines within scope of training. Refer advancedtrouble-shooting to certified technicians.
• Monitor donors during donation process and respond todonor reactions.
• Maintain and calibrate equipment.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assistother work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
• Attend monthly staff meetings and other team meetingsas needed.
• Supports the center management team in identifyingoperational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes tocenter processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures(including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
• Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or otherregulated environment is highly desirable.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Production environment requiring the ability to walk andstand for the entire work shift. Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping,crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee. Requires frequent lifting up to 5 pounds, andoccasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Musthave fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipmentsounds from a distance. Due to potentialexposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks requirepro-longed glove wear.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluatesqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, nationalorigin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protectedveteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protectedcharacteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providingreasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of amedical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for anypart of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functionsof a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of yourrequest and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.