Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center is looking for a customer service oriented individual for to help support their Imaging Department part-time!
This position requires flexibility in the work schedule. May be required to work rotating shifts with some weekend/holiday shifts.
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
This role is responsible for performing a variety of non-technical, clinical and clerical duties of patient care through transporting patients to and from the Imaging Department as well as demonstrating proficiency as a clerical staff in the Medical Imaging (Radiology) Department.
- This position will independently transport patients for the Medical Imaging Department using the proper equipment and procedures to and from all nursing floors and Emergency Room.
- Monitor IVs, pumps, and oxygen while in transit and maintain a smooth, safe and accident free patient transport.
- Must demonstrate empathy for patients and be able to communicate with tact and understanding while addressing questions and concerns.
- Determine the needs of patients, patient's families and visitors while maintaining a warm, sensitive and cooperative relationship with those individuals.
- Establish good rapport with patients, visitors, physicians and their office staff while promoting a positive hospital image and creating a favorable first impression.
- Direct patient flow in a smooth, systematic, continuous and timely manner to ensure quality patient care is always provided in an efficient manner.
- Possess a knowledge of various diagnostic modalities within the department and the important roll each play in the continuation of care for the patient.
- Maintain equipment, which includes oxygen tanks, wheelchairs and stretchers, to ensure proper working conditions and cleanliness.
- Restock department patient areas with clean linens, supplies and equipment, as well as empty linen and trash containers on a routine basis.
- Assist in room turnover and cleaning after each patient.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties that requires the use of computers, department specific software and PACS.
- Cross-train to clerical area and demonstrate proficiency of all File-Room and Front Desk job duties and tasks.
- Prioritize, plan and organize assignments as assigned, and complete those tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette and department greetings.
- Maintain and sustain professional ethics and promote patient's bill of rights.
- Ensure growth and personal development.
- Assure effective communication with all hospital staff, patients and families by providing and maintaining open lines of communication.
- Adhere to hospital/department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with the Code of Conduct Ethics.
- CPR for Healthcare Providers Certification through American Heart Association Required (may be attained upon hire)
- Must possess general clerical skills
- Must have sensitivity, maturity, and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Must have knowledge of hospital and department policies and procedures.
- CNA Certification is preferred
- Medical terminology and/or medical-related training preferred
- Experience in medical environment with patient interactions, body mechanics and general office skills preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom