Position Summary:CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy has an opportunity for a Benefits Verification Supervisor in our mail service pharmacy in the Monroeville area. The primary responsibility of the Benefits Verification Supervisor is to supervise staff in the Benefits Verification Department, and to provide direction to the staff within Pharmacy operations to ensure to ensure patient benefits are verified in accordance to the company guidelines and that patient expectations are met to achieve exceptional customer service and business profitability.
The Benefits Verification Supervisor is also responsible for:
1. Directing daily workflow to ensure that all production and quality goals are met.
2. Coordinating procedural changes.
3. Resolving issues/problems as it relates to the department and the company.
4. Evaluating & reviewing employee performance.
5. Coaching, motivating & counseling staff including administrating disciplinary action when necessary.
6. Interviewing and hiring.
7. Daily supervision of the staff to ensure that all department and company policies and procedures are followed.
8. Directing and implementing department and pharmacy wide projects.
9. Tracking and reporting progress of projects.
10. Analyzing call/performance statistics.
We offer a competitive benefit package including vacation, 10 paid holidays per year, health/dental/vision insurance, employee discounted stock purchase program, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and 20-30% employee discount at all CVS stores. WE ALSO HAVE FREE PARKING!!! Required Qualifications:•Three years experience working with medical insurance or in a pharmacy environment
One year of supervisory or leadership experience in a related environment
Preferred Qualifications:• Experience working with strict deadlines and ability to meet deadlines on a daily basis.
• Experience in a high intensity, fast paced production environment
• Ability to effectively manage people and provide team leadership.
• Extreme accuracy, and attention to detail and data standards.
• Ability to work in teams and coordinate work efforts.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to customer focus to ensure patients are responded to with accurate and timely information.
• Ability to evaluate work and process flow to ensure optimal efficiencies.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
• Experience in a high intensity, ever-changing, fast paced production environment.
Education:• Bachelors degree or equivalent Business Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/