Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Under general supervision, performs routine, complex or specialized bacteriological, hematological, chemical, immunological, serological and immunoassay procedures on body fluids which will aid in the diagnosis and evaluation of the treatment of diseases while maintaining the highest standards of medical technology. He/she must maintain the highest standards of any and all accrediting agencies. Performs related quality control and clerical work as required. Performs routine and moderate to complex tests and analyses according to established procedures in designated technical department. Evaluates new procedures or methods under direct supervision of department supervisor or group leader. Assists in training and orientation of personnel as assigned POPULATION SERVED:
Clinical Laboratory services performed on patients from Neonate to Geriatric ages. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively uses laboratory equipment
- Performs and reports testing on QC and patient specimens rapidly and without delay.
- Demonstrates competence in performing testing procedures.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and record keeping necessary for meeting standards of accreditation by JCAHO and CAP.
- Demonstrates competency with equipment in assigned area.
- Demonstrates organizational ability with time and personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Individual Leadership: Demonstrates confidence in own skills, knowledge and ability and opportunities for personal growth and ability to accept and adapt change.
- Customer Service : Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Transcultural Sensitivity : Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
- Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety : Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
- Educator : Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates opportunities for patient/family education.
- Infection Control : Demonstrates infection control practices congruent with policies and procedures.
- Performance Improvement : Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities at the department level.
- Financial Accountability : Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency.
- Information Management : Demonstrates adherence to information management polices and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Communication : Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills and reporting/activation of the chain of command appropriately.
- Practices Professionalism : Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance.
- Ethics/Compliance : Performs all duties ethically, complying with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws.
- Environment of care : Demonstrates accountability in role and responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
- Job Specific : Medical Technologist Team Lead
Current BCLS certification required.
General 1-3 years clinical laboratory experience or equivalent clinical lab training is required.
The following education is required:
- Bachelor degree in laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution, or
- Associates degree in medical laboratory technology and a grandfathered certification for Medical Technologist from an accredited agency.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Preferred certification as a Medical Technologist by a recognized accrediting agency MT(ASCP) or (AMT) or CLS (NCA) or grandfathered CLT(HEW) according to CLIA '88.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Skills and knowledge in medical laboratory technology. Ability to problem solve.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom