Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood, Texas Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) Kingwood Medical Center
is currently looking for a Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT). Shift: Compressed Weekends Responsibilities:
- Responsible for knowledge in use of all laboratory forms, requisitions, logs and departmental charges.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of specimen requirements, processing, handling and rejection criteria.
- Possesses the ability to perform manual and automated test procedures and is responsible for reporting laboratory results including special calculations, critical values, and quality control.
- Must demonstrate the ability to operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation and perform minor troubleshooting.
- Complies with hospital policies and procedures, including technical, safety, infection control and disaster policies.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- He/she will perform tasks as assigned by the Supervisor within his/her scope of training.
- Associates degree in medical laboratory technology
- One year experience in a clinical laboratory
- Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good manual dexterity.
- MLT (ASCP) or equivalent.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom