Medical Laboratory Technician - PRN Weekends
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Medical Laboratory Technician? Become part of an awarding team of Medical Laboratory Technician here at Largo Medical Center. This position is a PRN Weekend position. We have a dynamic team of Medical Laboratory Technician on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Medical Laboratory Technician to the team. Our team of Medical Laboratory Technician take pride in the medical field. Become a part of our Laboratory and Medical Technologist Team today. Largo Medical Center
Experience a higher degree of patient care at Largo Medical Center, part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system. Our 456-bed acute care hospital is located on two campuses-in mid-Pinellas County on the West Coast of Florida, providing medical care for the residents of Largo, and the nearby cities of Clearwater, Seminole, St. Petersburg and the Gulf Beach communities. We are the only area hospital with all private patient rooms.
We offer career growth, top technologies, and these Centers of Excellence:
Chest Pain Center with PCI *Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Heart & Vascular Institute * Spine & Neuro Center * Breast Center * Cancer Care
See how we care and you will experience a supportive environment, great people and a wide array of unique services.
At HCA West and Central Florida's 15 hospitals we're not just caregivers, we're devoted to caring. Located throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota and the greater Orlando area, we're on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation's largest healthcare system with more than 15,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
Make excellence your goal by joining our team of Respiratory Therapist and family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to www.MoreCareerChoices.com Medical Laboratory Technician - Medical Technician - PRN Weekends Job Duties:
- Performs stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individual and department are licensed under the oversight of a medical technologist and direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director.
- Performs duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of the theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine to ensure timely and accurate results.
- Maintains licensure, competency, and is regulatory scheduled in Chemistry, Hematology and one other technical discipline section of the laboratory.
- Performs non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required.
- Supports the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
- 2 Year/Associate Degree, Science
- Technical Specialty Areas: Chemistry, Hematology and Microbiology
- State of Florida Technician License as a Medical Laboratory Technician
- 1-3 years in a clinical laboratory setting
- 2 years of experience and generally scheduled in at least 3 areas of the lab required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom