The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). PSG operates more than 800 practices, 78 urgent care clinics, and partners with HCA's 165 hospitals to structure employed provider programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care. We manage a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The Medical Office Specialist is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides clinical/administrative expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. Duties include but are not limited to:
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Work at the reception desk, answer phones, greet and communicate with patients and providers.
- Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments.
- Checking in patients and properly documenting registration.
- Insurance verifications and verification of patient demographics.
- Filing and retrieving medical records/files.
- Copying and faxing duties.
- Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards.
- Entering charges, payments, and balancing the day in the computer.
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must read, understand, and adhere to all Physician Services policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
• Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
• Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information. EXPERIENCE
- Less than one year of experience is required; however, one to three years of experience is preferred.